BondTech Prusa i3 Mosquito Upgrade Set
BondTech Upgrade Set incl. Hot-End for the Prusa
Frequently bought together with Slice engineering Mosquito Heating Cartridge
Product information & technical details
Complete extruder upgrade set for the Prusa i3 MK2.5S or MK3S. In addition, the heating cartridge can be exchanged with those from slice engineering in order to be able to provide even better and more stable heating power.
A lightweight, high-resolution extruder upgrade for the popular Prusa i3 MK3S and MK2.5S 3D printers with optimized design for use with Mosquito and Mosquito Magnum hotends.
Upgrade your extruder
Upgrade your extruder to a Bondtech Mini Geared with a higher gear ratio (3: 1) for extra thrust and higher resolution.
Print faster or with higher quality
Use a lightweight extruder that allows your 3D printer to print faster or achieve better surface quality.
Reduce 3D printing problems
Reduce the risk of blockage and improve filament delivery.
Upgrade kit with optimised design for Mosquito hotends
This is a Bondtech upgrade to the popular Prusa I3 MK3S and MK2.5S, which allow you to use the world-renowned Mosquito hotends.
Bondtech extruder for Prusa i3 MK2.5S & MK3S
This kit contains only the parts needed to convert your current extruder to the popular design. It is based on the BMI (Bondtech Mini Geared) extruder with a 3: 1 ratio for better precision and resolution, as well as optimised geometry for heat sink cooling and the professional SLS 3D printed housing.
- Adapted to Prusa's new filament sensor and Mosquito hotends
- Includes a Bondtech BMG extruder with a 3: 1 gear ratio
- Optimised geometry for heat sink cooling
- Less moving weight to reduce vibration and ghosting
- Professional SLS 3D printed case and 3 other important parts
MK3S / MK3S Mosquito, what's the difference?
This upgrade kit is largely similar to the previous MK3S, with the main difference being that it was developed for the Mosquito and Mosquito Magnum hotends.
Prusa's Heater or Mosquito Heater, what should I use?
The upgrade is compatible with the thermistor and 40W heater included with the Prusa.
However, you also have the option to use a Slice Engineering thermistor and a 50 W heater.
We recommend the more efficient 50W heater for your Mosquito to achieve a stable operating temperature faster.
Updating the firmware
To use this upgrade in the MK2.5S / MK3S, the E-Steps and Z-Max must be updated. Check out the latest version of our firmware here.
We also supply firmware versions that are compatible with the Mosquito Thermistor. If you are using the Mosquito component, you should use the associated firmware.
For Mk2.5S users, please note Bondtech's further information on compatibility of the Mosquito thermistor and X-Carriage Kit under their step-by-step guide.
This set includes:
The ultimate extruder upgrade for the Mosquito hotend on the Prusa
Content: 1 pc
- For Mosquito Hot-Ends
- Better performance
- Higher quality
- Firmware upgrade required
Item no.: BTE-EXT-KIT-69 , Content: 1 pc
High temperature X-carriage
Content: 1 pc
- Temperature resistant
- For Prusa i3 MK3S
- Necessary accessory for the MK3S Bondtech upgrade
Item no.: BTE-15058 , Content: 1 pc
Thermal compound to improve the conductivity
Content: 1 pc
- Improved heat transfer
- For the heating cartridge
Item no.: BTE-14207 , Content: 1 pc
For higher temperature resistance
Content: 1 pc
- For the MK2.5S / MK3S upgrade kit
- With or without the Mosquito hotend
Item no.: BTE-15066 , Content: 1 pc
Hazard and precautionary statements
Mosquito Boron Nitride Paste
Signal word : Warning
- P261 - Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P264 - Wash hands thoroughly after handling.
- P271 - Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area.
- P304+P340 - IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- P305+P351+P338 - IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P312 - Call a POISON CENTRE/doctor if you feel unwell.
- P337+P313 - If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/attention.
- P403+P233 - Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed.
- P405 - Store locked up.
- P501 - Dispose of contents/container according to local/national regulations.
- H332 - Harmful if inhaled
- H335 - May cause respiratory irritation
- H319 - Causes serious eye irritation
English reviews written for BondTech Prusa i3 Mosquito Upgrade Set
6 customer reviews in all languages
We do not have any reviews in English yet, but we do have 6 reviews available in other languages.
- No reviews available