Revell Model Set VW T1 Samba Bus
(Price shown includes 20% VAT. - Excludes delivery costs)
Features & Advantages
- 173 pieces
Item no.: REV-67399, Content: 1 pc, EAN: 4009803673998
Product information & technical details
|Product types:||Model Making|
|Difficulty level:||Level 5|
The original of all today's vans and transporters comes from the platform truck that was used for internal transport at the Volkswagen plant in Wolfsburg at the end of the 1940s. It inspired the Dutch importer Ben Pon with the idea of a transport vehicle. At the end of the 1940s, VW developed several prototypes for a spacious vehicle that was suitable for transportation purposes. Since none of the names they were thinking of were available for unrestricted use, the new vehicle class was given the name Transporter.
From March 8, 1950, the first generation of the van went into production. The truck, with its typical V-shaped front and split windshield, was available in different versions, including a minibus. The technology was based on the Volkswagen Type 1, the so-called Beetle, so the T1 had an air-cooled 4-cylinder horizontal engine. This reliable rear engine had a capacity of 1.2 litres, which was increased to 34 hp in 1961. The deluxe version of the minibus, the special nine-seater model, is still known as the Samba bus and with its oval roof windows, seats, a folding roof and a lot of chrome parts have a distinctive automotive charm.
- Multi-part body
- Detailed interior with dashboard and seats
- Movable doors and tailgate
- Movable front wheel steering
- The roof can be built either closed or folded back
- Reproduced engine
- Rotating wheels
- European and American bumpers
- Chrome hubcaps, door handles, wipers and front badges
- Authentic decals with decorative strips and different country codes (D, NL, F, GB and USA)
For children over 8 years only! For use under adult supervision.
Contains solvent-based adhesive and water-soluble paints. Read the instructions before use, follow them and keep them for reference.
Hazard and precautionary statements
- H302 - Harmful if swallowed
- H312 - Harmful in contact with skin
- H315 - Causes skin irritation
- H319 - Causes serious eye irritation
- H332 - Harmful if inhaled
- P101 - If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
- P102 - Keep out of reach of children.
- P103 - Read label before use.
- P210 - Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
- P241 - Use explosion-proof electrical/ventilating/lighting equipment.
- P261 - Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P303+P361+P353 - IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water [or shower].
- P405 - Store locked up.
- P501 - Dispose of contents/container according to local/national regulations.
- H226 - Flammable liquid and vapour
- H336 - May cause drowsiness or dizziness