BondTech LGX ACE Copperhead Hotend
Developed for rigid and flexible materials & improved cooling performance
(Price shown includes 20% VAT. - Excludes delivery costs)
Features & Advantages
- Short filament path
- Improved cooling performance
- Copperhead Bimetal Heatbreak Technology
- By Bondtech & Slice Engineering
- Copper heating block for improved heat conduction
Item no.: BTE-EXT-LGX-ACE-C, Content: 1 pc, EAN: 7350011416042
Product information & technical details
|Filament Diameter:||1,75 mm|
From Bondtech and Slice Engineering
The LGX ACE Copperhead Hotend is a dedicated short filament path hotend developed by Bondtech and Slice Engineering to be used with the LGX extruder .
It features Slice's Copperhead bimetal heatbreak technology and a copper heater block for improved thermal performance.
In combination with the LGX extruder, a print head is created that can process ALL common materials and especially soft and flexible materials.
- Easier to cool & assemble
- Allows a higher flow rate
- Supports rigid, flexible and soft materials
- Prints flexible and soft materials faster
- Forms a small and light print head
Engineered to offer more flow
During the long months of intensive testing leading up to the launch of the LGX CHT nozzles, Bondtech discovered that shortening the post-drive filament path resulted in increased volumetric flow capacity. Similar to the LGX Shortcut Copperhead Hotend, the LGX ACE Copperhead Hotend offers the same increase compared to the full Copperhead hotend.
Improved cooling performance
The LGX ACE Copperhead Hotend features a monolithic air-cooled heatsink and heatsink designed and manufactured by Bondtech, which connects to the LGX extruder through its interface connector and is located at the front of the extruder. The heatsink contains the hole pattern for attaching 40×40 fans.
Bondtech's tests indicate that one 4010 fan is sufficient to cool the heatsink and the cold zone of the heat break because the heatsink and heatsink are monolithic, which increases heat transfer and dissipation.
The heater block included in this product is compatible with the RepRap nozzle standard. Here is a list of compatible versions:
- Bondtech brass nozzle
- Bondtech nozzle made of coated brass
- Slice Engineering Copper Nozzle
- Slice Engineering Vanadium Steel Nozzle (for Abrasive Filaments)
The LGX ACE Copperhead Hotend is not compatible with the following items:
- 3DSolex Matchless 1.75mm nozzles
- Heatsink/Heatsink Material: Anodised Aluminium
- Copperhead LGX Heatbreak Materials: Tubular Steel; Copper body, W2S (tungsten disulfide) coating.
- Copperhead Heater block Materials: Copper Body; nickel plating
- Max. working temperature (nozzle): 450 °C
- Max. tightening torque of the extruder screws: 0.3 Nm
- Maximum tightening torque on the heatsink/cold block screw: 0.6 Nm
- Hotend Net Weight: 52g
- Packing dimensions: 80 x 103 x 73 mm
- Package Weight: 92.5g
Contents of delivery
- 1x LGX Monolithic cooling block and black anodised aluminium heatsink
- 1x Copperhead LGX Heatbreak
- 1x Copperhead heater block
- 1x Bondtech M6 x 1 x 7.5 coated brass nozzle 0.4mm
- 1x bag of silver-based thermal paste 0.5 g
Questions & Answers about BondTech LGX ACE Copperhead Hotend
English reviews written for BondTech LGX ACE Copperhead Hotend
Did you know?
The most popular technology used for 3D printing is FDM (Fused Deposition Modelling). A heated nozzle (hot-end) melts the plastic wire, layering the melted parts.